Sunday, February 12, 2012

Previous years:

2011
2008

1. How do you know when you're in love?

Littlest [1.75]: [breathing heavily, licks mommy in the face]
Littler [4]: [nods]
Little [almost 6]: Um, um, I don't know, Dad.


2. Why do people get married?

Littlest: this, ow up, duwee wuh wuh [cuddles with Mommy]
Littler: 'Cause they're special.
Little: Um, I forget, but I know something that happens when they get married. A few months later they have a baby. That's all I know.

3. How old should you be when you get married?

Littlest: ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba!!!
Littler: I don't know.
Little: A little bit older than twenty.

4. Where do you want to get married?

Littlest: [grabs hid diaper and pulls out the wipes, starts tearing them into pieces and throwing them on the floor, then grabs his diaper with two hands, monsters the computer keyboard and generally runs around the room hooliganizing]
Littler: At the temple.
Little: Um, I don't know.

5. What qualities do you look for in a boy/girl?

Littlest: [grabs the rest of the wipes and flings them across the room, then tackles Mommy's legs from behind and sticks his head between her legs like a goat getting milked.]
Littler: [blinking a lot] You have cracks in your eye. You know why? 'Cause you're a Dad.
Little: We don't have to look for short hair. [why not?] Because some boys don't have haircuts as often as most boys do.

6. What's romance?

Littlest: Dai-dai [he actually steps on the computer, then runs over and empties Littler's shoe box]
Littler: I don't know.
Little: I don't know.

7. What would be a fun date?

Littlest: Di? Diaaaaa. [grabs Mommy's backpack and hurls it to the floor] Wah wah WWWAAAH! [Picks up a pair of Little's pants and puts them on his head like a hat, twirling around until he crashes from dizzyness, comes over to the computer, bangs his head on the keyboard and starts biting the monitor. He is now running around with the pants again trying to eat them.]

Littler: [nods] I would do that every day. [what?] Go with a boy every day.
Little: What's a date? [explain] Does it have to be a grownup? [explain]. Grownups? Not for, like, me? [explain] You mean if I was this age? [explain] Um, I don't know.

8. What do you want to get for Valentine's Day?

Littlest: Da-da-dai. Dan-dime-daii. [Runs toward front door and slams himself into it. Repeat. Chases Littler until he catches her, riccochets off and falls onto the ground. Runs into the front door so hard he starts screaming and needs Mom].
Littler:Um, I think heart cookies, and the thing Tori got for us. Heart cookies that are big, and they are yummy!
Little: Something that Tori's giving me... and something that's going to be cooked crayons, and it looks shaped like a heart and some are shaped like a flower.

9. Why do men give women flowers or chocolate?

Littlest: [Points and computer].
Littler: 'Cause they billd. [they build?] Not really. [?]
Little: 'Cause they love them?

10. What do you think about kissing?

Littlest, with huge goose egg on forehead: [Laughing hysterically, runs back and slams into the front door, then comes back and tackles Mom. Then he gives her a great big kiss on the lips.]
Littler: I don't know!
Little: Love.

11. How many kids will you have after you are married?

Littlest: [slams into the door again, tackles Mom again, bites her shoulder, pats her softly on the cheek].
Littler: I don't know. One or two. Or three. Or four.
Little: Maybe six.

12. What will you wear when you get married?

Littlest: [turns the piano off, tries to hide in the blinds, throws himself on Mommy then head-first into the floor].
Littler: A white dress.
Little: The question is, Dad, what did you give mom when you guys got married? That's my question. [I gave her a ring]. Did you give her anything else? [Um, no. I gave her myself] Yeah, everybody gives some people themselves.

13. What will your husband/wife look like?

Littlest: [tackles Littler, tackles Mom]
Littler: The one that we already have.
Little: I don't know quite yet. He definitely looks like a boy. And you look like a boy because you don't have long hair [talking to Daddy].

14. How can you tell your parents love each other?

Littlest: [hugs Daddy's leg] No, no. Dadobah. [Slams into the door. Starts taking parts off the vacuum and dances like a crazy monster until he overwhelms Littler, who runs away. Tackles Mom over and over again. Hits mom, the computer and Littler with vacuum attachments. When Littler takes the vacuum attachments away, he runs sad to Mommy but decides instead to put on Little's shoes and stomp around in them. Gives Mommy a great big hug. He is now walking around in 6-year-old-girl's dress shoes and a onesie, screatching and stomping.] Quack, quack, quack, quack.
Littler: 'Cause I love you. [but how can you tell that Mommy and Daddy love each other?] They hug each other.
Little: Um. I don't know. You just say it some times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm crayon cookies!

Katie B. said...

Hooray! I was waiting for the next installment to come out.

brittney said...

I love these...especially buddy's descritions. I can ALMOST see him doing all those things if I stretch my I-remember-him-like-this-image just old enough... :( miss you guys